Laughter is not the same as humor. Humor is infectious. The sound of roaring laughter is more contagious than any cough, sniffle, or sneeze. Laughter binds people together and increases happiness and intimacy, when shared. Laughter also triggers healthy physical changes in the body. It also strengthen your immune system, boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress. Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use.
Laughter is the powerful antidote for the mind and body, which relieve stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster than a good laugh to bring your mind and body back into balance.
- Laughter relaxes your body.
- Laughter boosts the immune system.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins.
- Laughter protects the heart.
BENEFITS: The benefits are divided into three aspects; physical, social and mental health.
- Boost immune cells
- Improves blood pressure
- Reduce stress hormones levels
- Relaxes your muscles
- Burns calories
- Decreases Pain
- Improves your resistance to diseases
- Helps defuse conflict
- Promotes person-to-person bonding
- Enhances teamwork
- Attracts others to us
- Strengthens relationships
- Improves mood
- Eases anxiety and fear
- Relieves stress
- Enhances resilience
- Increases memory, alertness, and learning
- Improves sleep
- Adds joy and zest to our life
EFFECTS OF LAUGHTER
- Blood flow
- Immune response
- Blood sugar levels
- Relaxation and sleep
WHY DO WE LAUGH?
Whether you snort, cackle or have a weird giggle, laughter is basic to humans. And it is a form of communication that is universally recognized. We are born with the capacity to laugh. The remarkable thing is that it occurs unconsciously.
Most of the time, we laugh when we perceive something funny. We don’t choose the laugh in the same way, we choose to speak. The purpose of a laugh is to express yourself, to let people know that you think something is funny.
HOW TO BUILD LAUGHTER INTO YOUR LIFE
- Play with children
- Think of situations that makes you laugh
- Go to places that makes you laugh
- Think of people who are funny and positive
- Find a laughter group
- Share jokes
- Watch funny movies, sitcoms or read funny books
- Count your blessings: reinforcing what you appreciate in your life will bring a smile out of you
- Practice laughter yoga (Check out Laughter Yoga International laughteryoga.org for more information)
Babies and children laugh easily but adults tend to make room for laughter in their daily lives. Incorporate laughter in your daily routine and workout when you are spending time with family, friends, and co-workers by finding what makes you laugh. Experts recommends 15 to 30 minutes of laughter a day.
IS LAUGHTER A PRICELESS MEDICINE AND WHY? WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
Let me know your thoughts through the comment box below
You can connect with me through my contact information or fill the contact form if need be.